Determined to give equal opportunity to candidates desirous of tertiary education, the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has set Saturday, 6th August, 2022, for its Mop-Up UTME.
It should be noted that, as is the custom with the Board after every Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), the various reports from its officials in the field and video footage of the examination are reviewed by its team of experts, with a view to detecting activities subversive of the examination process. It is after all the reports have been collated and considered that the Management would take critical decisions as to the necessity or otherwise of a mop-up examination for which category of candidates.
JAMB sets date for 2022 mop-up examination
After a thorough analysis of the conduct of the 2022 UTME in 10 centres spread across five states of the federation (as listed below), where examination malpractice was established to have taken place, it became necessary to cancel the results of all the candidates who sat the examination in the ten centres.
The Board also took cognisance of the fact that some innocent candidates unfortunately sat their examination at these centres.
Consequently, all candidates who sat the UTME in the centres listed below have been rescheduled for the 6th of August, 2022 Mop-up UTME. It should be noted that candidates who, for whatever reasons, were absent at those centres are NOT eligible for the mop-up examination.
The Centres are:
S/N STATE CENTRE
1. ABIA BENJYN INTERNATIONAL ACADEMY, BENJYN AVENUE, AMAORJI-UKWU, OBINGWA LGA, ABIA STATE
2. ABIA ABIA EDWARD AND MERCY NWOKOCHA CBT ICT SERVICES LTD, MBATO SECONDARY SCHOOL, UMUNGALAGU EZIAMA NVOSI, ISIALA NGWA SOUTH LGA, ABIA STATE
3. ABIA ABIA FREEDOM WORLD ACADEMY INTL. 12 OKPU-UMOBO STREET, OSISIOMA, ABA, ABIA STATE.
4. ABIA ABIA NATIONAL COMPREHENSIVE SECONDARY SCHOOL, UMUOKEA, 1 OJI AVENUE, OFF 3 GLASS INDUSTRY RD.,ABA, ABIA STATE
5. ABIA ABIA ST. ANTHONY COMPREHENSIVE SECONDARY SCHOOL, 83B OMUMA RD., OFF AMA-OGBONNA, ABA, ABIA STATE
6. ANAMBRA ANAMBRA OBIDON SYSTEMATIC COPUTERS LTD, NO. 31 LIMCA ROAD NKPOR, ALONG MR. BIGGS, OLD ROAD, ONITSHA, ANAMBRA STATE
7. ANAMBRA ANAMBRA URBAN ICT CENTRE, URBAN GIRLS SECONDARY SCHOOL, FEGGE, ONITSHA, ANAMBRA STATE
8. DELTA DELTA HOLY GHOST INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL, NO. 1 TIRORO CLOSE, OFF IZOMO ROAD, OFFDSC EXPRESSWAY, OVWIAN, ALADJA, UDU LGA, DELTA STATE
9. EDO EDO YOMNET ACADEMY, NICON HOUSE, 55 AKPAKPAVA STREET, OPP. ECOBANK, BENIN- CITY, EDO STATE
10. LAGOS LAGOS SEYLEK CITY COLLEGE,68A, JEBBA STREET, EBUTE METTA EAST, LAGOS STATE.
Other categories of candidate rescheduled for the 6 August, 2022 Mop-up UTME are:
* 142 candidates who could not take the UTME due to finger-print peculiarities;
28 candidates who could not take the examination due to technical problems in some centres; and
1,799 candidates with BVM failure who were recaptured at the centres.
For those that participating in the mop up exam, we advise you get the JAMB CBT Mobile App or the JAMB CBT Computer Software to refresh your memories before the exams.
The Board affirms its zero tolerance for examination malpractice and would do all within its powers to combat it. In the same vein, it reiterates its avowed commitment to the conduct of credible matriculation examinations into all tertiary institutions in the country while ensuring the sanctity of its examination process towards sustaining the integrity that the society has come to associate with the Board.
For more information visit Jamb website